The BIG DAY is here: move-in day!
After hours and hours, or even days, of packing, it’s time to settle into your new home. With all of the sweat, and maybe some tears, all you want to do is lay down on your brand new double-pillow king-sized bed.
But first, a shower is priority.
- Wait, where are the towels?
- Where is the shampoo and conditioner?
- Where is the soap?
- Where is the bath mat?
You were so focused on organizing, labeling, and making sure everything was running smoothly, you forgot to pack a 24-hour move-in survival kit!
Now you have to dig through 67 boxes just to find your hair brush.
So what exactly should you include in your 24-hour move-in survival kit?
Here is a list of 20 items we could think of, but feel free to add more as you need:
- Phone Charger
- Laptop and Charger
- Important Paperwork and Valuables (especially if you work from home)
- Zip Lock Bags
- Trash bags
- Snacks (trail mix, granola bars, etc.) (especially after back to back, non-stop moving)
- Paper plates and utensils
- Light Bulbs
- Pillows and blankets
- Tools and tape
- Cleaning supplies (Lysol wipes, windex, etc.)
- Toilet Paper
- Soaps and sponges (hand soap, dish soap, body soap, etc.)
- Shower Essentials (shampoo, conditioner, soap, razor, etc.)
- Toothbrush, Toothpaste, and Floss
Write these down on a sheet of paper and check the list as you are packing. Make sure these items are clearly marked and easy to get to when your movers transport them to your new residence. Or better yet, keep them with you at all times, so you know exactly where to find them.
The last thing you want to worry about is driving to the store for the bare necessities. Save a trip, and make the checklist!